Tuesday 16 June 2015

NUS Sports Camp 2015

DISCLAIMER: Gonna be a really wordy and descriptive post

Started off June with the freshman 15 at NUS Sports Camp 2015! It was a 5D4N camp (I know, so freaking long right) and to be honest, initially I was slightly dreading it. However it turned out to be really fun and I gotta admit I enjoyed myself tremendously.

So on the morning of 2nd June, I dragged my lazy ass out of home with a heavy bag and a heavy heart (lol) and headed to NUS. I stupidly took the train to Paya Lebar and changed to circle line before dropping off at KR and taking another bus again when I could have taken the direct east-west line down to Buona Vista.... argh. But anyway, I reached NUS around 9am, which was also the reporting time.

Day 0 was mainly team bonding but I didn't get to bond much with my OG because I had to be away for sports camp pageant photoshoot nearly the entire day. The 8 of us (excluding Dayna and Joshua who only joined us much later during the camp) went to Haji Lane to have our photoshoot. It was pretty fun yet slightly awkward because well... I can't pose for nuts. But overall it was a good experience. We had dinner at EwF after the photoshoot before the rest headed back to NUS to join their respective OGs for OG bonding while Mancini and I headed to SV to find our OGs cos they were there. So yup, basically that was it for Day 0!


With my pageant partner, Boon Shing! 



Day 1 was Sports Exposure day. It was really fun but draining because we played sports the entire day from 8am till 6pm with only 2 hours break for lunch and dinner. Had lots of fun though because I got to try out sports that I hardly got the chance to play before such as basketball and floorball. I was really happy that I got to play netball again! Haven't played it since I left secondary school 3.5 years ago. We also had martial arts at night after dinner and it was pretty cool since we got to try out various martial arts such as karate, judo, kendo, boxing, muay thai, capoeira and wushu. At this point in time I remember I was really exhausted and no longer had any more energy left to do anything else but there was still Running Man as our last activity..... I knocked out almost instantly that night if I remember correctly.


Idk what I was doing HAHAHA 



LOL yes that's me sitting down on the court fighting for the basketball with 2 other opponents and then there's Freda with her thumbs up being all supportive hahahaha




Day 2 was ECP/Kallang day! We had a chartered bus that transported us from NUS to Kallang in the morning. We had kayaking, skating, dodgeball and volleyball there! Had lunch with the OG before heading to ECP on our own for our last few activities - bubber soccer, touch rugby (!!!), archery tag and frisbee. Dinner that evening was Burger King and I bumped into my maternal uncle and cousin, how coincidental. After dinner, we had night cycling which killed me lol it was my first time night cycling and I was so freaking exhausted by the time it was 12am. We started at 9pm and cycled from ECP to Gardens by the Bay, had a short toilet break there, before continuing on our journey to Lau Pa Sat. Break for a short while, then cycled to Little India/Clarke Quay, stopped again for supper at Swee Choon, then cycled to Kallang Macs, which was also our last stop. After that we cycled back to ECP to return the bikes before waiting for the bus to bring us back to NUS. I remember sleeping at the pavilion for about half an hour before the bus arrived (LOL hobo much). So thankful our OG had the privilege to board the first bus back to NUS because I could get at least 1 hour of sleep before having to wake up again for another long day of activities again. We reached NUS around 5.15am and by the time I was done with bathing, it was already 6. I heard from some others that many people only got back in NUS at 6.45am?!?! That was when I was sound asleep hahaha.




Day 3 was Amazing Race around SG with our own OGs! It was one of the best days I felt, because we had more freedom to rest and do anything we want, since it was, well, an amazing race. We didn't really bother about winning the race too so we just did things OTOT hahaha. It was a great day playing paintball, golf, dragon boating and laser tag. We didn't manage to get back to NUS on time for cheerleading and rock climbing but it was all good! I felt laser tag was the best activity that day I had lots of fun playing that. Paintball unfortunately was the worst... paintball? More like painball..... my bruise from paintball was so huge and it's been more than a week since sports camp but the bruise is still there. Golf was pretty lame I felt because I can't golf for nuts HAHA and idk it doesn't give me much thrill unlike the active ball sports like touch, netball etc. We headed back to NUS from Kembangan cos we had our laser tag activity there and it was freaking funny when we realised that we left Shi Wei behind...... so the OGLs alighted at Paya Lebar to wait for him while we just continued the train journey all the way till Buona Vista. That night we were supposed to have some food auction thingy but I was busy preparing for pageant finale the next day.



Pardon my cui face but it was a really exhausting and sleep-depriving camp LOL 

Day 4 was Beach Day! We headed to Sentosa on our own. Freda, Shi Wei, Danish and I cabbed to Sentosa from NUS and we reported at Sapphire Pavilion. After everyone was there we kicked off our beach games inclusive of captain's ball in the sea, speedminton, tug-of-war, team relay, banana boat etc! We also had skyline luge but we didn't have the time for it so we're gonna go another time during OG outing :-) After lunch we had war games which was pretty lame from what I heard but I had to leave halfway to shower because the pageant was that night. We had a chartered bus transport from Sentosa to the Promontory, and everyone went for dinner with their OGs before the finale started at 8pm. After the pageant and debriefing and all, Jing Yong came to fetch me home and he surprised me with a bouquet of flowers :-)))) So much love for him hehe

Thankful for Freda throughout the camp because we really stuck by each other throughout (except for day 0 but that was inevitable HAHA) 

My kool kidz friends 



Bo Chup! 



Thanks for being my partner this sports camp pageant! Wouldn't have it any other way :-) 


In all honesty I felt that the camp was really fun though there were some parts that were really messed up, but oh well. I had fun and that's what matters the most! 

-

Some updates after sports camp: 

AC Training at SH with one of my new friends, Jaymee! 

Messing around with the cap given by the touch club HAHAHA 



Out with JY finally!!!! :") But we spent very little time together because he had to book in :-( he drove to fetch me from my place before driving to PS where we had lunch at Secret Recipe. Caught Insidious 3 (please don't watch it, it sucked lol it was like scary, but funny, and stupid) then we went grocery shopping a bit, before he sent me home! Can't wait to spend more time with him again, but that has gotta wait till the end of next week :-( On a brighter note, I'll be spending 2-3 days in a row with him hehe :-) Can't wait to watch him graduate next week at his SCGP! 

River Safari + Zoo trip with Mellie! 

Tourists for the day hehe 



My overly-priced panda pau and bottle 

This bear hat was SGD 32 what a rip off but it's really comfy and cute and it keeps me warm!!!!

The rest of June is going to be really packed (I'm working every single day except for the 3 days that I'm meeting JY and 1 day that I have a family lunch lol please pray for me that I don't die) so basically I don't have a stay-home day at all... oh well poor time management on my part I guess. I have to clock 74 hours for AC per month otherwise my pay will be deducted according to the contract, and because I was away for the first week of June due to sports camp, now I have to clock as many hours as possible before the month is over. Today is my only rest day at home, and I've enjoyed my alone time at home a lot too. Driving lesson tomorrow and I'm kinda panicking (yet again) because I've forgotten how to do parallel and perpendicular parking after entering the circuit for the first time last month................ and my driving test is scheduled in early July LOL #help 

Also having work tomorrow night at Greenwich so I guess I should turn in for the night soon. Toodles! 

No comments:

Post a Comment